This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
The security of payment legislation is some of the most critical legislation across the building and construction industry in Australia. The legislation impacts on nearly all projects across the country.
So, what’s the best way to navigate this terrain and manage claims under the legislation?
Attend this session to hear seasoned lawyers discuss the fundamentals of security of payment legislation applicable in the state of New South Wales and receive 1 Formal CPD point.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
7.6 Knowledge and application of all administration and principles for the selected procurement method and associated contracts.
8.5 Identification and application of all relevant processes required for certification of monetary claims, project variations, extensions of time, project instructions or other administrative responsibilities under the contract provisions.
9.8 Clear and consistent communication with client and relevant stakeholders throughout project.
At the end of this session you should be able to:
MORRISSEY LAW AND ADVISORY
Michael Morrissey is a lawyer with specialist knowledge in the construction and infrastructure industries.
Michael has significant experience drafting and negotiating complex contracts, and providing strategic advice on project delivery and procurement. His dispute resolution experience includes arbitration, expert determination and major litigation. This includes litigating payment, delay and insurance issues across a variety of projects.
Michael also regularly lectures at The University of Newcastle around project delivery, construction law and security of payment legislation.
MORRISSEY LAW AND ADVISORY
Belinda is a Director of Morrissey Law and an experienced construction lawyer. She advises principals, contractors, consultants and project managers in all aspects of building and infrastructure projects. She is an experienced commercial litigator in court, arbitration, expert determination and adjudication disputes. Belinda is a guest lecturer for the School of Built Environment at the University of Newcastle and sits on committees.
Belinda has significant experience in Security of Payment disputes in all jurisdictions and provides training to clients and national industry bodies. She has acted in landmark Security of Payment court cases.
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.