This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
2 Formal CPD Points
On-demand course - 12 months expiry
In this expert workshop, copywriter and marketing strategist Nikita Morell explains why words are important and how to use the words on your website to get more of the clients you really, really want.
Recently, Nikita studied and analysed over 663 architecture websites - in her talk she'll share her findings, ways to immediately improve your own practice website, and include real-life architecture practice examples. We will explore:
1. Why words are important
2. Why the words on your website are important
3. Why architects ALL need a website
4. Five things your website needs to do (Let ideal clients know they are in the right place, Connect with ideal clients, Build trust, Tell your project stories, Tell ideal clients what to do next)
This presentation is equivalent to 2 hours/points of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competencies from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
9.1 Knowledge and implementation of appropriate practice model to ensure efficient, effective and ethical professional service.
9.2 Knowledge and application of practice resources required to ensure efficient and effective professional service.
Practice Management and Professional Conduct
PC 2 Implement practice resources and apply ethical employment practice methods and quality assurance systems to facilitate efficient, consistent and timely delivery of architectural services.
At the end of this session participants should be able to:
• Describe the role of a copywriter
• Suggest ways words can assist your website
• Identify the time you have to make an impact on your homepage
• List the five things a website needs to do
• List the questions you need to keep asking when turning features into benefits
• Explain why ‘archi-babble’ is detrimental to your website
• Outline the best way to describe a ‘call to action’
Nikita Morell is a copywriter and marketing strategist for architects. She is on a mission to fight archi-babble and help architects get more of the clients they really, really want.
Nikita has worked with architects all around the world with their copywriting, branding & marketing for over 5+ years. She's studied & analysed over 663 architecture websites and started the Architects WordShop to help architects with their website and communication messaging. Previous experience includes: Communications/Marketing Manager at FJMT, Media Executive at Indesign media group, media strategist at Yellowtrace & marketing assistant at L'oreal.
1. Upon purchase, you will receive an automated registration email. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
3. Undertake your course work at your own pace.
4. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.