This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
This course offers a guide to understanding your attribution and intellectual property rights. Lawyer Adam Rosser provides an overview the Copyright Act and how it applies to architects, including case studies to illustrate how the Act has been applied.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
9.5 – Knowledge of the legal and ethical obligations relating to copyright and intellectual property requirements.
At the end of this session participants should be able to:
• Identify the documents that define an architect’s intellectual property rights.
• List the forms of representation of a design that are protected by copyright.
• List their obligations to other architects in relation to Moral Rights.
• Describe the circumstances where are an architect is entitled to be attributed for their work and specify what form this attribution should take.
• Establish and evaluate how additional copyright licence clauses within the Client Architect Agreement can assist in defining their intellectual property rights..
Adam was admitted to practice in 2000. He was appointed a partner in 2008. In addition to his qualifications in law, Adam also has a degree in Architectural Studies, and with it a deep and practical understanding of construction and engineering concepts. Adam has experience in a number of areas of law, including insolvency and insurance. Adam's practice is now focused upon building, construction and engineering projects, intellectual property, information technology and contractual advice. Adam is former state chair of the South Australian Chapter of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia & New Zealand (IPSANZ), a committee member of the South Australian Chapter of the Australian Professional Indemnity Group (APIG), and a member of the Law Society of South Australia. Adam is also involved in the Civil Contractors Federation and Master Builders Association SA. Adam was named in the Doyle’s Guide for Leading Technology, Media & Telecommunications Lawyers in South Australia in 2020 and recently for Leading Construction Lawyers in South Australia in 2021.
1. REMEMBER: this is an on-demand event, you have 12 months worth of access.
2. Hit the "Take Me To My Course" button in your confirmation email to take you to the course material on our Online CPD platform.
3. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
4. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
5. Undertake your course work at your own pace.
6. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.