This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Please note this session is also available as a 1 point formal CPD course here
This presentation guides you through the intent, obligations and process of new compliance documentation requirements for practitioners engaging with Class 2 builds in New South Wales. The Institute is offering this course as a proactive response to changes introduced on 1 July 2021 by the NSW Office of Fair Trading under the Design and Building Practitioners Act and Regulation, which seek both to restore consumer confidence in apartment construction, and to safeguard practitioners by improving compliance documentation and declaration practices.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of informal CPD.
Director, Conrad Gargett
NSW Chapter President, Australian Institute of Architects
Laura has a keen interest in the collaborative approach to design that underpins her work. She has significant experience in successfully leading teams from master planning and concept design through to contract documentation and construction on complex large projects in the Defence and Infrastructure sector. Many of Laura’s projects involve the compilation, dissemination and negotiation of complex client and user group requirements during the briefing stage and onwards through the life of the project. She achieves this whilst retaining balance and focus on achieving the best outcomes for all involved.
Associate, Johnson Pilton Walker
NSW Chapter Councillor, Australian Institute of Architects
Walter Brindle is a registered architect in NSW and an Associate at JPW. His portfolio of work ranges from small interiors to large city precincts and includes education, public, commercial and residential projects. Walter is also a sessional academic at UTS with a focus on professional practice, an examiner for the board of architects and a NSW Chapter Councillor. Walter is an active member of the NSW professional advocacy committee and has been closely involved in the institute’s engagement with the Office of the Building Commissioner.
New South Wales Office of Fair Trading: https://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/housing-and-property/changes-to-class-2-buildings
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.