This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
This module outlines the legal obligations of an architect and the consequences of breaching them. It focuses on five key areas of special importance: negligence, contracts, the Architects Acts, the National Construction Code, and safe design.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
1.1 Preparation & endorsement of an agreement between client and Architect
3.4 Design response incorporates assessment of relevant legislation, codes and industry standards
5.3 Evaluation and integration of regulatory requirements
9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice, practice management and registration as an architect
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Risk Manager, Informed by Planned Cover
Wendy has been a Risk Manager since 2005, providing plain English advice on consultancy agreements, training consultants in risk management, and creating guidance materials on emerging challenges in the construction industry. She has lectured on insurance and risk management at RMIT and the University of Melbourne. Previously, Wendy was a solicitor in the Commercial and Insurance Litigation section of Hunt and Hunt. She was admitted as a solicitor in 1997 and completed a Master of Construction Law in 2011.
Architects standard of care
Duty to correct and warn
Architect Registration Boards
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.