This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Available On Demand
This module covers:
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
7.1 Identification of available procurement methods and assessment of relevance and application to the project.
7.2 Selection of procurement method incorporates assessment of the impact on all phases of project including design, documentation and project delivery.
7.3 Selection of procurement method incorporates assessment of the impact on contractual arrangements between all project stakeholders.
7.4 Selection of procurement method incorporates assessment of the impact on selection, contracting and scope of work of consultants and specialist service providers.
7.5 Preparation of report and recommendations to enable client to make approval of procurement method and all associated contracts.
7.6 Knowledge and application of all administration and principles for the selected procurement method and associated contracts.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Director, Fulton Trotter Architects
Ryan is a registered architect and a Director of Fulton Trotter Architects, a practice established in 1937, with about 50 people across offices in Brisbane and Sydney.
After finishing a drafting course at TAFE, Ryan studied Architecture at the University of Technology Sydney in the old 6 year part-time course, whilst also working in small practice. He dimly remembers graduating the course in 2001.
Now based in Brisbane, he has spent the last two decades working predominantly on public projects within education, health, aged care and community architecture. One of an increasingly rare breed specialising in traditional full-service architecture and superintendency, his skills and background as a technical architect have led to a career resolving the ‘tricky bits’ of complex institutional projects.
Risk management and insurances
Quality control checklist
Quality control for working drawings
Architects standard of care
Duty to correct and warn
8.1 Selection process for appropriately qualified contractors is in accordance with procurement method and project contract.
8.2 Recommendation regarding contractor selection and specifics of project contract are made to the client for their approval.
8.3 Identification and application of the process and administration systems needed to fulfil all obligations under project contract.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
AS 4120—1994 Code of tendering
Tenders – calling
Tenders – receiving and selecting
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.