This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Available On Demand
This module focuses on the specific terms and conditions contained within a standard form construction contract, again using the ABIC Simple Works Contract as the example.
This module works through the contract schedules and explains why they are relevant, before covering the key terms and conditions throughout the Simple Works Contract.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
7.6 Knowledge and application of all administration and principles for the selected procurement method and associated contracts
Project Delivery: Construction Stage
8.2 Recommendation regarding contractor selection and specifics of project contract are made to the client for their approval
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Director, Bradbury Legal
Brendan is a lawyer with 25 years of experience, with a particular focus on the legal issues relating to property, construction and development. Brendan has extensive experience in all forms of development including commercial, industrial, residential, aged care and retirement, hospitality and public infrastructure. Brendan is highly experienced in the negotiation and drafting of construction contracts and related documents for the development and use of property. Brendan represents clients in a variety of jurisdictions, including the Construction List of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.