This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
This module is aimed to assist graduates and architects with two to eight years of experience and more to have a better understanding of authority approvals, planning controls and how these matters affect the practice of architecture. We will also briefly introduce other standards such as NCC and DDA that affect your work during the preparation of development applications.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
4.9 Obtain approval for the design from client and / or relevant stakeholders
5.8 Presentation of detailed design to facilitate relevant client and stakeholder approvals
8.8 Ensure that warranties, schedules, as built documentation, certificates, approvals and other project information are completed and handed to the client and relevant authorities as required under the contract
Detailed Design and Construction Documentation:
PC 40 Be able to resolve and present a coherent detailed design solution within necessary timeframes to obtain client and stakeholder approvals.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to assist your client / the project team with:
Associate Director, City Planning Works
Rouzbeh is an urban planner and urban designer with experience in the design and delivery of urban development projects of a variety of scales. He is a Registered Planner with the Planning Institute of Australia and a visiting lecturer in the fields of urban design and planning at The University of Sydney, School of Architecture, Design and Planning.
Certificates of title
DDA – Disability Discrimination Act
National Construction Code (NCC)
Requests for issuing certificates
Non-complying building products
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.