This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Available On Demand
Architects are not the only professionals required to provide design and other services for construction projects. The architect works with consultants from up to dozens of other disciplines to obtain expert advice and design inputs. The selection of, engagement of and collaboration with these consultants brings a range of risks and responsibilities that architects must carefully manage for the success of the project. This module introduces the fundamentals of architects’ working arrangements with consultants to help candidates understand how to manage these roles.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
4.4 Inclusion of expertise of relevant specialists and consultants in developing the project design.
6.2 Continuing coordination and integration of information and project material from relevant consultants, specialists and suppliers.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Kathlyn Loseby FRAIA
Chief Operating Officer, Crone Architects
Kathlyn is a Fellow and the President of the Australian Institute of Architects NSW Chapter, working with industry leaders to improve the built environment. As COO of Crone, Kathlyn’s focus in the daily effective operation of the business includes leading Crone’s growth strategy, championing and developing the Crone brand and mentoring and developing talent.
Specialist consultant notepack
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.