This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Available On Demand
This module covers the role of the architect in relation to contracts and the related administrative essentials.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
8.1 Selection process for appropriately qualified contractors is in accordance with procurement method and project contract.
8.2 Recommendation regarding contractor selection and specifics of project contract are made to the client for their approval.
8.3 Identification and application of the process and administration systems needed to fulfil all obligations under project contract.
8.4 Construction progress and quality is systematically reviewed and monitored as required under the contract provisions.
8.5 Identification and application of all relevant processes required for certification of monetary claims, project variations, extensions of time, project variations, extensions of time, project instructions or other administrative responsibilities under the contract provisions.
8.6 Monitoring project requirements and objectives as described in project documents are met.
8.7 Identification and application of appropriate and consistent systems for record keeping and maintenance of document revisions.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Director, Fulton Trotter Architects
After finishing a drafting course at TAFE, Ryan studied Architecture at the University of Technology Sydney in the old 6 year part-time course, whilst also working in small practice. He dimly remembers graduating the course in 2001.
Now based in Brisbane, he has spent the last two decades working predominantly on public projects within education, health, aged care and community architecture. One of an increasingly rare breed specialising in traditional full-service architecture and superintendency, his skills and background as a technical architect have led to a career resolving the ‘tricky bits’ of complex institutional projects.
Building contract insurances
Unconditional guarantees and cash retention
Safety during construction
Remote sites – contract administration
Contractor’s role in construction
Victorian Building Authority (2015) Guide to Standards and Tolerances
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.