This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Contract law exists so that there is as much consistency and certainty as possible in everyone’s relations with one another. In the business sector, businesspeople must be able to hold each other to their promises. On the other hand, it is clear that in certain situations, statements made by a party should not be taken by another as a promise. Contract law aims to strike a balance between these considerations.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice,
practice management and registration as an architect.
Practice Management and Professional Conduct:
PC 1 Comply with the regulatory requirements and obligations pertaining to practice as an architect, including legislation, professional codes of conduct, obligations for continuing professional development and professional indemnity insurance.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Senior Associate, Bradbury Legal
Ashleigh has advised principals, contractors and subcontractors on their contractual and statutory rights across Australia. Ashleigh has developed significant experience providing contract administration and pre-dispute assistance to clients, as well as advising and representing clients strategically, procedurally and on the merits in all forms of dispute resolution. Ashleigh is currently completing her Master of Laws at the University of New South Wales. Her studies have focused on her interests in construction law and forms of alternative dispute resolution, particularly negotiation, dispute boards and international mediation.
Managing time during construction
Extensions of time
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.