This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Available On Demand
This module covers a range of topics from the establishment of a practice through to its successful operation.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice,
practice management and registration as an architect.
Practice Management and Professional Conduct:
PC 1 Comply with the regulatory requirements and obligations pertaining to practice as an architect, including legislation, professional codes of conduct, obligations for continuing professional development and professional indemnity insurance.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Principal, Boffa Robertson Group
Mark Boffa became involved in the profession from the age of 17 working as an office assistant with Brown Brewer and Gregory. He graduated with Honours from UTS in 1989, registered in 1990, and in 1995 was appointed a director of the firm. Mark is now the sole principal of this aged care boutique practice of 12 people.
He served as a member of the RAIA NSW Practice Committee from 1995 to 2007 and has been an examiner with the NSW Board of Architects for the last 12 years. Prior to that he was a presenter in the PALS course and instigated the early edition of the practice management topic.
Starting a practice
Business structure and planning
Checklist of project records
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.