This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Available On Demand
This module covers a range of topics from the establishment of a practice through to its successful operation.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
9.7 Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements and obligations in regard to architectural practice,
practice management and registration as an architect.
Practice Management and Professional Conduct:
PC 1 Comply with the regulatory requirements and obligations pertaining to practice as an architect, including legislation, professional codes of conduct, obligations for continuing professional development and professional indemnity insurance.
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Director, Bijl Architecture
Melonie is director and nominated architect of Bijl Architecture, an award-winning small practice based in Sydney. Beyond practice, Melonie is well known for her long-term and ongoing involvement in architectural education, professional standards and the registration of architects, contributing to her appointment in 2017 as the AACA NSW State Convenor. In parallel to this, Melonie is presently serving her second term (2019-20) as an Elected Member of the NSW Architects Registration Board.
Melonie is presently Co-Chair of the National Committee for Gender Equity and has previously served as an elected NSW Chapter Councillor and on numerous committees addressing issues such as tertiary and continuing education, professional practice, heritage, and advocacy. In 2018 Melonie was named a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Architects, and at the National Achievement Awards in Architecture was awarded the 2018 Paula Whitman Leadership in Gender Equity Prize.
Starting a practice
Business structure and planning
Checklist of project records
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.