This event either doesn't exist or is no longer available.
Available On Demand
This module introduces the various types of building contracts and aspects to consider when selecting which contract to use. It will then cover providing advice to clients and how they may be included in tender processes and the issues likely to be faced when administering the contract.
This presentation is equivalent to 1 hour/point of formal CPD and will deliver outcomes related to the following Competency/s from the National Standard of Competency for Architects:
1.5 Knowledge of different procurement processes available and evaluation of the impact these have on the project
Project Delivery: Procurement
7.1 Identification of available procurement methods and assessment of relevance and application to the project
7.3 Selection of procurement method incorporates assessment of the impact on contractual arrangements between all project stakeholders
7.6 Knowledge and application of all administration and principles for the selected procurement method and associated contracts
Project Delivery: Construction Stage
8.1 Selection process for appropriately qualified contractors is in accordance with procurement method and project contract
At the end of this presentation you should be able to:
Director, Bradbury Legal
Brendan is a lawyer with 25 years of experience, with a particular focus on the legal issues relating to property, construction and development. Brendan has extensive experience in all forms of development including commercial, industrial, residential, aged care and retirement, hospitality and public infrastructure. Brendan is highly experienced in the negotiation and drafting of construction contracts and related documents for the development and use of property. Brendan represents clients in a variety of jurisdictions, including the Construction List of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
1. You will receive an automated registration email upon purchase. Follow the link in this email to take you to the course material on our online CPD platform.
2. You may have to click the green "log in via members site" button to log into the online CPD platform. (Please do not input your credentials into the CPD site. Instead, to log in hit the “log in via members site” green button). You may be redirected to our members portal to log in with your credentials there.
3. Accept the T&Cs if it is your first time on the online platform, and hit “my dashboard” to find your purchased course.
4. Undertake your course at your own pace.
5. Once you have completed all the course material, you will be prompted to complete your assessment and feedback, after which your formal CPD certificate will be made available.